The SF-8 X-Pert Zoom split fin is unlike traditional fins which create propulsion only through repulsive force, the SF-8 attains propulsion by creating a pressure differential in the water flow using Propeller-fin technology.
TUSA’s Angled Blade Design:
When using the standard traditional blade fin, with the leg completely extended, there remains an angle of 27° between the heel and the foot and the calf of the leg, causing a 10% loss of propulsion. Because the fin is angled below the body, during the kick phase, the body is pushed forward and down, instead of straight ahead. With the SF-8 fin, that 27° angle has been designed into the fin. This means that 100% of the energy expended during the kick phase is directed toward the propulsion of the diver. To achieve maximum performance from this fin, use a small bent-knee kick with a light rhythm. This creates less strain on the leg muscles compared with traditional fins, reducing the diver’s fatigue and subsequent air consumption.
- Propeller-fin technology provides the ultimate performance & comfort
- Innovative hydrofoil design that produces forward motion (propulsion) with less effort
- New age elastic material with ridged reinforced double layered construction
- 27° angle for maximum efficiency
- TUSA Patented easy-to-adjust strap features quick release buckles
- Color: Black (HBK*), Cobalt Blue (CBL), Shark Silver (SS), Red (R), Fluorescent Yellow (FY)
- Sizes: XS-S, M-ML, L-XL
- HBK has a stiffer blade compound than standard SF-8.
Black (HBK), Cobalt Blue (CBL), Shark Silver (SS), Red (R), Fluorescent Yellow (FY)